PCS Your Voice members recently voted to support a public meeting in Manchester as part of the fight for democracy in PCS. The full statement from the two branches calling the meeting is reproduced below. Your Voice urges all branches to support this meeting and send delegates, to show the NEC that democracy is not a secondary concern but a defining feature of our union.
The two undersigned branches call on other branches to support the following statement and send delegate(s) to a campaign meeting in Manchester on the 17th of January:
The decision by the emergency NEC in late December 2014 to suspend NEC and group elections was wrong.
- We will work together in a campaign to seek to get that decision overturned and for NEC and group elections to be held at the usual time. If that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
- We will agree motions or a motion for the ADC that will achieve elections as soon as possible after the conference.
- We will seek to get as many branches as possible to agree this statement.
- We will use social media (be it a blog, Facebook page etc.) to gather support for our campaign in the union and in the wider labour movement
- We accept and respect that each branch will have differing views on who to support in elections. The sole purpose of this campaign is for NEC and GEC elections to be held to be held at the usual time or if that does not happen then they must be held as soon as possible.
R&C Bootle St Johns House Branch
DWP East London Branch
There will be a campaign meeting on Saturday the 17th of January in Manchester. This will run from 13:00 – 17:00 at the Mechanics Institute on Princess Street. Map here.